[Libav-user] is avio_write() thread-safe

Michael Armes michael.armes at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 21:00:09 EEST 2019

I'm going to cut and paste from a previous answer I've given on this forum:

"See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13888915/thread-safety-of-libav-
ffmpeg for more details. There are a few particular methods that have
thread safety
concerns: writing frames is one. Opening a codec is also not thread safe:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15366441/ffmpeg
-which-functions-are-multithreading-safe ."

Follow the directions in the StackOverflow response to create your own lock
manager. It's relatively straightforward.