[Libav-user] Multithreaded Asynchronous Encoding/Muxing

Strahinja Radman dr.strashni at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:26:59 EET 2019

Hi Don,

I don’t think that av_interleaved_write_frame() is thread safe. What you could do is gather video and audio in a thread safe queue, possibly order the packets, and then in separate thread send from that queue to the av_interleaved_write_frame(). For me this works fine.

Kind regards,
Strahinja