[Libav-user] Passing textures from NVDEC to OpenGL

florian.wagner florian.wagner at student.hpi.de
Wed Jan 9 14:32:42 EET 2019

Hello

I am trying to integrate ffmpeg/libav with an OpenGL Framework for video
processing. To improve performance of video decoding/encoding I am using
NVDEC/ENC. Since I also process the frames on the GPU I would like to
avoid a roundtrip over the CPU and instead pass the data directly to the
OpenGL context. For the OpenGL->NVENC I found this StackOverflow answer,
that I am currently implementing:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49862610/opengl-to-ffmpeg-encode

Is there a way to do the same thing for NVDEC->OpenGL? If so, where
would I start/what would I need to do?

Best Regards
Florian