[Libav-user] RTSP stack doesn't sent TEARDOWN & RTCP Goodbye to close the connection

Mert Gedik gedikmert89 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 03:23:50 EEST 2019

Hi team,

When I close the RTSP stream gracefully, the socket on the server seems
still open, then We've realized that RTSP stack in ffmpeg doesn't close the
connection.

With an hacky way, or workaround (see below), We are able to send RTSP
Teardown message but  when We stop streaming, still the socket on the
server isn't closed properly.
Then, We tried with VLC and see that it's working, later We compared the
wireshark captures of ffmpeg and vlc and see that VLC is also sending RTCP
Goodbye message, and this makes the sockets on server close gracefully. How
can We also send RTCP Goodbye message like VLC ?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

MG

        RTSPState *r = (RTSPState *)avFormatCtx->priv_data;

        ff_rtsp_send_cmd_async(avFormatCtx, "TEARDOWN", r->control_uri, NULL
);