[Libav-user] Extract AVFrameSideData

lyncher at sapo.pt lyncher at sapo.pt
Fri Jun 7 18:14:24 EEST 2019

Thanks Devin for your feedback.

That fake encoder will have a definition like:
>     .type           = AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO,
>     .id             = AV_CODEC_ID_EIA_608,

But if it's defined like this, it will output a video with eia_608
type.... which doesn't t allow ccaption_dec to be applied.

If it's defined like:
>     .type           = AVMEDIA_TYPE_SUBTITLE,
>     .id             = AV_CODEC_ID_EIA_608,

No video packets will be sent to it.

What should be the correct definition to have this fake encoder
configured like:
     Video > Fake Encoder > eia_608 caption stream

Thanks
lyncher