[Libav-user] FLTP audio is distorted after muxing

vouk at mailbox.org vouk at mailbox.org
Tue Mar 5 22:57:36 EET 2019

This is my first email to this mailing list. So first, hello to everyone.

In my open source project voukoder I am using libav/ffmpeg (branch 4.0) for quite some time now. Now I switched to master and I have a strange effect where I am not sure where its coming from.

Whenever I user FLTP as sample format and mux it with whatever codec and muxer (i.e. x264/aac => mp4) the audio is pretty much distorted. It also seems to be affected by the video time base. With 1/120 it is pitched up alot and with 1/60 it is quite normal, but distorted. With S16 it works fine.

With branch 4.0 everything is okay.

I have checked the source samples, they are okay.

I appreciate any help and hints as I am struggeling with this issue for quite some time now.

Thanks,
Daniel