[Libav-user] Clarity on Filter graph description

Venkateswaran.S venketeswaran2015 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 09:38:39 EET 2019

Hi Team,

I'm using libavfilter API to detect black and freeze in my video. I started
to read the documents related to libavfilter and got stuck at
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#Filtergraph-description . I don't
understand the terminology "filter pads" , throughout the documents I came
across this terms like , *filter input pad and output pad.* It would be
really appreciable, if anyone explains filter pads in a simple way. Also
please share any documents or links related to libavfilter C API examples.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkateswaran