[Libav-user] 32bit transcoding app running out of memory / setting "max_interleave_delta"

Anton Shekhovtsov shekh.anton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 12:21:45 EET 2019

ср, 20 мар. 2019 г. в 12:13, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>:

> >:
>
> > we are developing a 32bit transcoder using ffmpeg based on the
> > transcoding example
> > https://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/4.1/transcoding_8c-example.html
> > and we are encountering some problem with memory usage
> > transcoding files with large resolutions.
>
> Please run massif (or an equivalent tool) to find out where
> the memory allocations happen: Everything else includes
> guesswork that can easily be avoided.
>
> Please provide "ffmpeg -i" output for both input and output
> file so we at least know what you are trying to do.
>
> Carl Eugen

"Delay between the first packet and last packet in the muxing queue is
10004900 > 10000000: forcing output"
I can be wrong but does this warning tell the packets are coming in wrong
order?
If you mux multiple streams (a+v) you should preinterleave streams packets
with enough accuracy, otherwise ffmpeg must buffer everything and this is
where memory is wasted.