[Libav-user] Incapsulate onvif metadata into avframe

Roberto Rampazzo r.rampazzo at hyperionsoftware.eu
Wed May 29 16:30:26 EEST 2019

Hi,

I have a onvif camera that provides video and metadata via rtsp. I would
like to create a filter or whatever else that takes the metadata, reads
them and finally merge into the output video. I think something like
incapsulate them in the alpha channel, in order to keep the video
viable. I have problem with the first part, because I cannot find a
filter that manipulate Data (AVMEDIA_TYPE_DATA) to start with. My plan
is to create a filter that takes data and produce fake avframe with
metadata, that will be merged with the real video by a filter like
overlay or everything else. Did someone have some hints for me?

Thank you