[Libav-user] av_read_frame() hangup (no timeout)

gga ggarra13 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 00:32:21 EET 2019

I am implementing rtmp reading into my viewer and have run into the
unfortunate event that av_read_frame() hangs when reaching the end of
the video being sent over the protocol.  I was hoping it would return
AVERROR_EOF or a timeout error, but none of the sort seems to happen.
Thus, my viewer just hangs at the end of the video.

I tested with ffplay and the same seems to happen there, where the
window close button becomes ineffective.

Is there any way around this?