[Libav-user] Request for Help - Error - h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x114ac00] Could not find a valid device

Richard Hussong rhussong at westpond.com
Tue Oct 8 20:46:26 EEST 2019

You need a V4L2 video device to use that encoder. If you haven't already
done this, run "ls -l /dev/video*", and make sure there is a video device
and you have permission to write to it. If that doesn't help, you should
raise the logging level of libav and see if it tells you what went wrong.

- Richard