[Libav-user] Internal error: Could not register an input HW frame

freefalcon freefalcon at foxmail.com
Thu Oct 10 13:17:30 EEST 2019

Hi,

I am writing an h264 encoder, and the video frame data is from Nvidia GPU.

If the video frame was transferred from GPU memory to system memory, the encoder worked fine.

But I want to encode the HW frame directly to avoid performance loss. When I called avcodec_send_frame, I got an error :

Error registering an input resource: resource register failed (23)
Could not register an input HW frame

The error was triggered by nvEncRegisterResource function.

I'd like to know what I should do if I want to use HW frame directly, expecially on how to set AVHWFramesContext.

Is there any example about this? Now, I just referred to vaapi_encode.c  (https://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/4.0/vaapi_encode_8c-example.html).

Thanks for your help.