[Libav-user] Setting encoders parameters via key/value string dict

Romain Beauxis romain.beauxis at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 18:28:30 EEST 2019

Hi all,

I have a quick question. I did some research but couldn't find an easy
answer online or in the code.

I'm implementing ffmpeg encoding support in liquidsoap and I was hoping to
be able to do all the configuration via av_opt_set_dict  and key/value
string dictionaries.

However, some configuration variables seem to be eluding me. In particular,
I cannot seen to be able to set sample_fmt this way.

I noticed that there is a AV_OPT_TYPE_SAMPLE_FMT type for converting string
options to these, which seem to be looking at an int so I tried to pass a
string version of the sample format enums but this didn't work.

Is that something that is possible to do? If not, what are the other such
parameters that will need to be entered specifically?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Romain