[Libav-user] right way, in the general case, to use decoded video frame pts related fields

sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:10:25 EEST 2020

Hi,

Right after receiving a frame from the decoder, how to use "properly" in the
general case the pts related fields (pts, pkt_dts, best_effort_timestamp) in
order to get the actual pts in video stream timestamp unit?

Heard I could receive out-of-order frames from the decoder (av1/dav1d decoder),
true in the general case?

ffplay frame pts code is confusing me and in the specific case of the vp9
decoder, the 3 fields seems to have the same value, and frames seems to b
returned in-order.

regards,

--
Sylvain