[Libav-user] Compiling libavcodec etc on Windows in 2020

Info || Non-Lethal Applications info at non-lethal-applications.com
Mon Feb 3 22:18:08 EET 2020

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to build the latest libavcodec etc. libraries including OpenH264 for H.264 encoding on Windows for several hours now but I’m still fighting a huge list of errors with whatever I’m trying.
Our application is currently Mac-only and everything has been working fine there for several years.
Building is a breeze with a simple bash script.

I’m really not a Windows person so I’m wondering what’s the easiest way to build the libraries for Windows in 2020?
Are there Visual Studio projects of some sort? Support for CMake?
Is cross-compiling the libraries on a Mac for Windows working reliably and is it easily doable?

Grateful for any advice!

Thanks in advance!