[Libav-user] playback of youtube videos (DASH and playlists)

gga ggarra13 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 22:01:49 EET 2020

I am trying to add playback of youtube videos to my application. I rely
on youtube-dl to obtain the urls of the video and audio. This works
rather well except when faced with a DASH video/audio. I do not know how
to parse the output of youtube-dl -J in that case.  Also, I know ffmpeg
supports DASH playback by itself but don't know how do I provide that to
ffmpeg.  Does anyone know how to use youtube-dl to feed ffplay (for
example) for dash playback?

--
Gonzalo Garramuño