[Libav-user] Unable to register custom decoder

Timothy Fleming tim at magichome.net
Thu Jan 30 04:30:24 EET 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: Libav-user <libav-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org> On Behalf Of Carl Eugen Hoyos
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 6:23 PM
To: This list is about using libavcodec, libavformat, libavutil, libavdevice and libavfilter. <libav-user at ffmpeg.org>
Subject: Re: [Libav-user] Unable to register custom decoder

Am Do., 30. Jan. 2020 um 03:17 Uhr schrieb Timothy Fleming <tim at magichome.net>:

> Attached...

Doesn't look like a patch...

It should be enough to add the new codec to allcodecs.c and its codec_id to the demuxer (as you did). Please compile ffmpeg (for the desktop) and run ffmpeg -i yourfile to test your change.

Please find out what top-posting means and avoid it here.

Carl Eugen

PS: Friendly reminder to carefully read the license terms before distributing your video player.