[Libav-user] Automatically selecting a HW acceleratable codec

Kyle Cooke cookekyle97 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 19:31:35 EEST 2020

Is there a way to automatically select a hardware accelerated codec for a
stream or failing that get a list of all codecs compatible with a stream? I
need this as I am trying to use hardware accelerated decoding and when
testing it on a HEVC encoded stream I was given a codec that did not
support acceleration despite me being able to iterate over hw devices that
should provide accelerated hevc decoding.