[Libav-user] Fwd: Extracting Video Frames from RTP

vijaya kumar hvvjakumar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 10:36:47 EEST 2020

Hello Team,

We are looking for ways to extract video information either Video frames or
Video information into a container either AVI or MP4.
Video data is logged over RTP in H264 encoded format or MJPEJ format.

The AXIS video data is stored as RTP frames inside UDP packets, which is
part of the Ethernet payload.
Basically, What I Need is The extraction of video data from the Ethernet
payload and writing to video files(AVI / MP4).

Do I have to decode Ethernet messages and access the message fields like
ether type, addresses, and RTP payload?
I tried passing the complete file to FFMPEG Library, It didn't help. I am
missing something, Do I need to send RTP payload to FFMPEG to get frames
instead of sending a complete file.?

Any examples to achieve this in C++ would help.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Thanks,
Vijay