[Libav-user] av_packet_get_side_data() not working

rohit khali khali.rohit at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:21:31 EEST 2020

Hi,

I am using av_parser_parse2() to construct one H264 frame.
av_parser_parse2(parser, c, &pkt->data, &pkt->size,
                                   data, data_size, AV_NOPTS_VALUE,
AV_NOPTS_VALUE, 0);

Now, I am trying to use the below code to extract AV_PKT_DATA_A53_CC data.
However av_packet_get_side_data() is unable to detect the presence of CC
present in the pkt,
                //Extract side_data
                uint8_t *streaminfo;
                int streaminfo_size;
                /* check for updated streaminfo */
                //
                streaminfo = av_packet_get_side_data(pkt,
AV_PKT_DATA_A53_CC,
                                                    &streaminfo_size);
                if (streaminfo && streaminfo_size) {
                    printf("AV_PKT_DATA_A53_CC found \n");
                }
At the same time, av_frame_get_side_data(frame, AV_FRAME_DATA_A53_CC) works
fine.

Any idea, what am I missing in above code?

Thanks,
Rohit Khali