[Libav-user] Writing Audio AVPacket without resampling

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:51:56 EET 2020

Am Do., 19. März 2020 um 18:57 Uhr schrieb
<sebastian.wichmann at karlsruhe-it-solutions.com>:

> I’m trying to record the microphone on windows via dshow and
> ffmpeg in real time.
>
> The problem is, my code is to slow.
>
> At the moment I get a
>
> AVPacket
> Resample it
> And write it to a file

Since your (original) issue is "too slow":
Did you already test with ffmpeg (the cli)?
If it fast enough to do what you want, you
should be able to do the same programmatically.

If not, you already know that it will be difficult.

> The codec is unimportant for me at this stage of the program.

Start with pcm_s16be which should be only I/O limited.

> So is it possible to write the received AVPacket to a mp4 file?

You didn't tell us what's in the AVPacket.

Please find out what top-posting means and avoid it here
if you want support.

Carl Eugen