[Libav-user] Which function receive the raw data before parsing/decoding in FFmpeg

Jorhn Madsen johnasmmasm at gmail.com
Fri May 1 23:17:09 EEST 2020

I have created simple RTSP player with FFmpeg(4.2.2) in C and want to
understand what function in the FFmpeg source code does listen for incoming
data before the parsing or decoding start ?

My server sends additional data that is concatenated in the begningen of
the packet that i want to remove when receiving it by FFmpeg before doing
anything else.

I have looked into the function " *av_read_frame* " inside
libavformat/utils.c, but i'm not sure if that where it first happens.

Can someone please show me where it is ?