[Libav-user] Parse SAR in MOV demuxer

Jacob Trimble modmaker at google.com
Mon May 11 20:36:47 EEST 2020

I'm creating a minimal build of FFmpeg that only has the features I need.
Right now, it only has the MOV demuxer.  I'm trying to get the sample
aspect ratio from the media, but I notice it isn't getting set from the
demuxer.  If I add the H.264 decoder to the build, even if I don't use it,
then the SAR gets set.  I think this is because the demuxer tries to decode
some frames to fill in some fields.

My question is: is there a way to have the MOV demuxer fill in the SAR
without the full decoder present?  Or is there a way to parse the SAR out
of the codec extra data?  I tried using the H.264 parser (even though it is
internal-only), but it didn't work.