[Libav-user] Parse SAR in MOV demuxer

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon May 11 21:19:48 EEST 2020

Am Mo., 11. Mai 2020 um 20:02 Uhr schrieb Jacob Trimble via Libav-user
<libav-user at ffmpeg.org>:

> I'm creating a minimal build of FFmpeg that only has the features I need.  Right now,
> it only has the MOV demuxer.  I'm trying to get the sample aspect ratio from the
> media, but I notice it isn't getting set from the demuxer.  If I add the H.264 decoder
> to the build, even if I don't use it, then the SAR gets set.

That means that in the file you tested, sar is not set on the
container level but
the codec level (both are possible).

Sar is not the only thing that can need the parser, libavformat does not work
very well with minimal libavcodec, this is not a bug.

Carl Eugen