[Libav-user] investigating runtime demux performance

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon May 11 21:26:34 EEST 2020

Am Mo., 11. Mai 2020 um 20:15 Uhr schrieb <bsenftner at earthlink.net>:

> Between ffmpeg versions 3.2.2 and 4.2.2 I am seeing a fairly
> significant difference in playback performance.
>
> The new version is noticeably slower.
>
> Case in point, decompressing 3000 frames ASAP without any display:
>
> Version 3.2.2: 0.002319 seconds per frame (measured using boost
> high_resolution_clock::time_point)
>
> Version 4.2.2: 0.004250 seconds per frame

Please remember that only current FFmpeg git head is supported,
both here and on the bug tracker.
Can you reproduce with ffmpeg, the command line application?

Please understand that you cannot report performance regressions
for builds using "optflags", feel free to run a bisect if the issue is
not reproducible with ffmpeg and if it is reproducible without using
"optflags" (and with using the same toolchain and either static or
dynamic linking for both builds, mixing them makes no sense for
performance comparison).

Carl Eugen