[Libav-user] investigating runtime demux performance

bsenftner at earthlink.net bsenftner at earthlink.net
Tue May 19 15:49:34 EEST 2020

>> The 3.2.14 libraries are clearly twice as fast as the 4.2.2 libraries,
>> as least with the h.265 media files I'm testing with.

>Then please run git bisect, but allow me to repeat that it may make sense to reproduce with ffmpeg (which would make your bug report much, much simpler).
>
>Carl Eugen

The source of the timing differences I've been investigating is found, and the problem is outside ffmpeg/libav.
It was two different versions of a threading library, each configured for different pe3rformance goals.

Blake Senftner
Sr. Software Scientist | CyberExtruder
1401 Valley Road, Wayne, New Jersey 07470
cel: 213 400 6424 (pacific daylight savings timezone)
bsenftner at cyberextruder.com