[Libav-user] Encoding via GPU frames captured in GPU directly?

Philippe Noël philippe_noel at college.harvard.edu
Tue May 26 16:44:43 EEST 2020

Hello,

I'm using libav/ffmpeg to encode, using Nvidia Nvenc H.264, desktop frames.
I capture these frames on Windows using DXGI, which captures via the GPU,
and then I use libav to encode in the GPU to H.264.

Currently, I need to point the DXGI texture to the CPU and then retrieve it
via hw_transfer_frame with libav. Since the frame is already in the GPU, is
there a way to directly retrieve it with ffmpeg/libav, so that I don't need
to pass it through the CPU unnecessarily?

Thanks for your help,

Philippe