[Libav-user] avdevice under windows 10

Chien-Yu Chen torus0 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 20:02:06 EEST 2020

Hi.
  I recently tried to compile ffmpeg shared library and run under windows
10.

The compilation went fine.  But when I am trying to load the avdevice
library, I am getting library load error 126.

I used Dependencies to look for missing libraries, and found a couple.

one is
api-ms-win-core-wow64-l1-1-0.dll

This seems to be introduced in windows 8.  on Windows 10, the system does
have
api-ms-win-core-wow64-l1-1-2.dll

If I take my program to a machine that was on windows 8 and upgrade to 10,
I don't have this problem.  Can anyone provide any suggestions? thx

--
 Any MicroSoft extension file will directly go to trash without any warning
and regret.