[Libav-user] "Parser not found" for api call - "av_parser_init"

Naikar, Vinay Vinay.Naikar at harman.com
Wed Sep 16 11:58:29 EEST 2020

Hi,

In our project, we are currently working on decoding and mp3 file to a pcm or wav file.
I have built the ffmpeg source code and generated libavcodec, libavutil and other libraries using configure script without any options.

When I run the binary of my testapp code by giving i/p files as test.mp3 and o/p file as test.wav - (./a.out test.mp3 test.wav)
I am getting the below console message -
"Parser not found" for api - av_parser_init

I tried looking into the code and apparently its seems no parser is registered.

Before calling av_parser_init I called avcodec_find_decoder(AV_CODEC_ID_PCM_S16LE);

How can I register the right parser?

What parser name should I provide while running configure script. To be more specific kindly help me with the name for pcm parser in
the below command -
./configure --enable-parser=NAME

Regards
Vinay Naikar