[Libav-user] Cannot remux HLS stream to MKV

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Wed Jul 7 20:25:29 EEST 2021

Alexandr Kasyan (12021-07-06):
> Can add the code tere. Long story short -- `avformat_write_header` behaves
> as if it requires extradata / extradata_size to be filled, though the
> reading context provides none of those.

Some codecs have two modes: one with global extradata used in formats
optimized for storage, one without used in formats optimized for
streaming. You are probably getting the later and trying to use where
the former is needed.

You probably need to insert one of the mp4toannexb bitstream filters.

(I wonder why it is not done automatically as it is done for AAC.)

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George