[Libav-user] H264 SEI Information from libavcodec/libavformat

Alan Johnson aj.ltd.est2020 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 16:34:06 EEST 2021

Addition of the pic_timing as an SEI message as per h264 ISO-IEC14496-10.
It can be embedded as an additional NAL unit before any NAL coded slice.
Extracting the H264 bitstream to a file I can write my own parser for it to
extract SPS/PPS etc and add a NAL unit. I know x264 adds SEI User messages
as it adds system encoder information, I was wondering if there was anyway
to access the same units using the avcodec parsing routines?

I haven't looked at the SMPTE 12M - might work. Is there a way to add it?

Lance