[Libav-user] av_hwdevice_ctx_create() returns generic error in an external library (-542398533 )

Latha Prabhu lathavprabhu at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 05:40:26 EET 2021

Dear Sir/Madama,I'm using ffmpeg 4.3.1 on Ubuntu 20.04 system. I stream video from different cameras in multi layout. With software decoding it works fine. When I use hardware decoding (by referring vaapi_transcode.c it works initially. If I keep on changing the layout which closes and opens the decoder, it crashes with error  -542398533. I figured out that it is generic error in an external library.Looks like some issue with continuous decoder open/close operation.

AVCodecContext is created using avcodec_alloc_context3 and while closing avcodec_free_context() and av_buffer_unref() is used.
Am I missing anything? Help in this regard will be appreciated.
Thank You
Latha