[Libav-user] how to start with ffmpeg

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Fri Sep 3 01:37:35 EEST 2021

On Friday, 3 September 2021 5:09:01 AM AEST mr N wrote:
> learn ffmpeg
>
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 10:22 PM Abhishek Nandekar <thekoc11 at gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
> > What did you try so far?
I think you need to be more specific. ffmpeg is a pretty large project, and the
community is not the most welcoming of new-comers, even those with previous
open source software experience. I'd strongly suggest trying to help us to
help you.

It would help if you can say what you are trying to do (not at the ffmpeg
level, but at the business / outcome level - ffmpeg libraries might be a way to
get to the goal, but probably aren't part of the goal), what code or commands
you have already written, what the results were (what was expected, and what
was unexpected), and what you expected to happen instead.

Possibly reading http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html and
following that would help.

Brad