[Libav-user] hot-swapping filtergraph?

Cameron Jacobson cameron7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 09:00:06 EEST 2022

First, I just wanted to thank you for this library.  I've used it for its
built-in command-line tools in the past, but this time I'm exploring
deeper.  The motivation for this side-project is strictly out of curiosity
and in trying to build a new level of competence in this area.

So, the idea is I'd like to create a project that could hot-swap filters
(or an entire filtergraph).  I have a few ideas for the actual
implementation.  One obviously could be a media editor.  The other idea is
with real-time streams.  My C isn't the strongest, so I may have missed
something obvious that would tell me it's either possible and easy or maybe
impossible.  So far my digging through the source code hasn't convinced me
it's not possible.

Are there any good examples of how to do this published online?  Maybe
published to GitHub, or some other source control service?  Or if not
perhaps there are areas within the libraries where I should focus my
attention to learn best practices for how to accomplish this?  Your help is
much appreciated.