[Libav-user] Output rawvideo to stdin

Richard Hussong rhussong at westpond.com
Wed Mar 23 17:31:53 EET 2022

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 2:53 AM Hillel Rosensweig via Libav-user <
libav-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to output raw video (from file or device)
> packets to stdin so that they can be picked up by
> another program running on my system.
>

> Any suggestions on how to do this?
> For example, can I relate to stdin like a filename and just
> use avformat_alloc_output_context2 and avio_open
> like I would when recording to a file?

Do you mean you want to write output to stdout so it can be piped to
another program's stdin? In ffmpeg, they do this by passing the filename
"pipe:" to avformat_alloc_output_context2().

If that is not what you meant, you'll need to clarify your question.