[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] DVB subtitle decoder, revised patch

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Jul 16 13:14:09 CEST 2005

Hi

On Saturday 16 July 2005 11:11, Ian Caulfield wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Saturday 16 July 2005 02:15, Ian Caulfield wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I've addressed (I think) all the issues with the patch previously, and
> >> I've also hacked ffplay to be able to display subtitles (just press T to
> >> switch tracks). Revised version is attached.
> >
> > please send sparate patches for the dvb sub decoder and the ffplay
> > support
>
> In order to support the subtitle decoder nicely, I had to modify the
> subtitle API slightly - so the ffplay part currently depends on the
> decoder patch. The ffplay support only affects ffplay.c, and the rest of
> the patch doesn't, so they're relatively straightforward to separate - let
> me know if you still want them separately.

i do, but no need to resubmit them if just spliting the ffplay.c diff from the
rest will do
the reason why i asked for it to be split is that its much easier to review
small patches then large ones, its also much better if there are many small
changes in cvs instead of a single huge 140k one, not only is it easier to
understand for someone looking at cvslog or cvsweb but its also better for
tracking bugs down by testing cvs from different points in time
dependance between the changes isnt a problem as long as no patch depends upon
a later patch but later patches can depend upon earlier ones

Michael