[FFmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel] SVN dump

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Wed May 2 21:52:21 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 20:27 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> i dont care at all what git stores, what i care about is that if i copy
> a file with the appropriate commands then
> git blame <whatever switches are needed>
> should show me the complete and proper annotate output

Well it does tell you that when experimenting it doesn't matter what
commands you use to copy, only the contents of the files and what
command/version/switches you use to create the annotation matter.

I think there is some bug in current git-blame/git-annotate when used
with -C -C. If I create a big file, commit it, create a copy, commit,
change one line in the middle of the copy and commit then running "git
blame -C -C copy" shows the version creating the original for all lines
before the changed one but the version creating the copy for all lines
after it. I doubt that can be intended behavior.