[FFmpeg-devel] RTSP from Tv-card with ffmpeg (looking for developer)

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed May 23 18:29:16 CEST 2007

Hi Jacob,

Jacob Str?mlund wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Does anyone have an idea about where to find a ffmpeg developer who could
> help us solve this issue?
>
> What we need is ffmpeg to grab a source from a tv-card and encode it to
> h.263, mpeg4 and h.264 and send it as an RTSP stream to a darwin server.
There are various issues to be addressed:
1) encapsulating h.263, mpeg4, or h.264 video in an RTP packet. As far
as I remember, libavformat provides support for encapsulating mpeg4
video in RTP packets, but it does not support h.26{3,4}. Enhancing
libavformat for encapsulating such video in RTP should be fairly easy.

2) ensuring that ffserver can stream RTP from a live feed. It should
work, but I never tried...

3) feeding a Darwin Streaming Server with the resulting stream. I do not
know how to do this. If I remember well, live555 can probably feed a
DSS, so the thing is at least documented...

I have 2) on my TODO list (but I am always short of time), and I will
probably work on 1) in the future.

					Luca