[FFmpeg-devel] Can't use libvorbis_encoder, due to name mismatch oggvorbis/libvorbis

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu May 24 13:38:27 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 01:20:33PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
[...]
> It does not seem so: as far as I understand the code, it would be necessary
> to (1) activate libvorbis in allcodecs.c, and (2) use a different codec ID
> for vorbis and libvorbis (or change the lookup system). Am I right?

Ugh, that lookup system seems really bottom-up, you have to specify the
name of an encoder (not a format name) which then is converted into a
format specifier, which probably is used again to select an encoder.
In addition, some presets or whatever use the same option parser to set
the encoder with the name "ac3" instead of setting AC3 format...
Talk about combining the disadvantages of all possible solutions...

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger