[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] 16-bit component library

Øyvind Kolås islewind
Fri May 25 19:03:02 CEST 2007

On 5/24/07, erik98 at sunflower.com <erik98 at sunflower.com> wrote:
>  Because the revamping of such a fundamental data structure is a significant undertaking of time and effort on my part, I don't wish to spend too much time working on stuff people won't need. Thus, I have decided to present my initial API draft for feedback.

One thing you do not seem to take into account is the positioning of
chroma samples for planar pixelformats using chroma sub-sampling,
given that ffmpeg deals mostly with video and colors in the Y'CbCr,
I'd think this would be neccesary to ensure as accurate as possible
conversions without the chroma shifting.

/?yvind K.
--
?The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed?
                                                 -- William Gibson