[FFmpeg-devel] mpegts private sections stream support

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Mar 12 00:13:43 CET 2008

"Mark Buechler" <mark.buechler at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, I'm trying to add support for reading ts streams which have a PID of
> type 0x05 (STREAM_TYPE_PRIVATE_SECTION). I've defined a new codec id of

Out of interest, what are those private sections, and how do you
identify them?

> CODEC_ID_DVB_PRIVSEC in avcodec.h and added an entry in mpegts.c for
> new_pes_av_stream() to set the codec_id to CODEC_ID_DVB_PRIVSEC and type of
> CODEC_TYPE_DATA for my new stream. However, calls to av_get_frame() never
> return packets from my stream.
>
> Is there something else I need to look at? The stream has no descriptors,
> but I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it.

The TS demuxer is a mess.  I'm working on and off on a replacement
(haven't had a lot of time for it lately, but it's getting there).  If
you have any interesting samples, please upload them.  I'd be
especially interested in samples where a stream changes PID.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com