[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH] Better handling of Japanese ISDB-T/S transport streams

Jan Ekström jeebjp
Sat Mar 20 10:20:53 CET 2010

Hello.

After finding out that certain applications do not like Japanese
transport streams
with audio channel count changing within the stream, I was linked to a
certain Japanese
patch to ffmpeg: http://linux.papa.to/image/ffmpeg-2009-06-30.patch

As written on http://linux.papa.to/?date=20090701 , where the patch is
released,
list of fixed things is as follows (since not everyone can speak Japanese):

-even if MPEG-4 AAC was muxed in the transport stream, demuxing without
  bit slips should be possible.
-Crop options will now work with transport streams that contain both
  "full-segment" and 1seg streams
-Should the AAC stream begin in the middle of the TS file, an ADTS header
  search was added (A/V synch will be lost)
-Also, should the channel element be lost in the middle, an ADTS header
  search was added (A/V synch will be lost)
-Added iconv text conversion to Japanese ARIB text (channel names are
now shown properly,
  iconv is needed)

As it seems like this patch was never sent out to ffmpeg-devel,
although it was commented on the blog post, I've taken the liberty
to ask if these fixes have gotten into ffmpeg in other ways?

I also know that the patch is for a rather old version of ffmpeg,
but since I'm not exactly good-enough at writing code myself,
I didn't even try to edit it.

A Japanese ISDB-S stream for testing is available at:
http://x264.fushizen.eu/files/switchingaudio.ts

You can contact the original author by the e-mail found in the patch,
which is papanda at papa.to , but I guess if EN<->JA translation is needed,
I can work as a bridge.

Jan Ekstroem