[FFmpeg-devel] mutlithreading in ffmpeg?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Mar 26 12:14:40 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 06:57:37PM -0700, Frank Barchard wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 5:09 AM, Reimar Döffinger
> <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 06:02:08PM -0700, Frank Barchard wrote:
> > > I think theres a minor bug in ffmpeg-mt theora too.  Its reproducible in
> > > webkit layout tests.  It doesn't happen in ffmpeg.
> >
> > Frame-multithreaded decoding for theora is already in FFmpeg AFAIK...
> >

> You'll need to try Fate with and without threading to detect the difference.
>
> I gave ffmpeg threading a quick try on Windows, but the configure script
> doesn't support static pthreads.
> I'll try again with the patch
> http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/deps/third_party/ffmpeg/patches/to_upstream/01_static_pthread_O2.patch?revision=65546&content-type=text%2Fplain

This patch looks like it would break if libavcodec would be linked
with an application that itself also used static pthreads

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."