[FFmpeg-devel] Simple cookie jar for HLS

Duncan Salerno duncan.salerno at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 21:17:32 CEST 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 09:58:53PM +0100, Duncan Salerno wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could anyone give me any pointers on how to write a simple cookie jar
>> for HLS? These are required for a number of providers that use HLS,
>> but only for the current session (ie. not across different runs).
>> av_opt_set looked promising, but I can't see a pointer option to allow
>> the cookie jar to be stored in the HLS context, but written/read by
>> the HTTP code.
>
> that sounds strange, why should a http cookie not be stored in the
> http context and be accessed from hls if that needs to access it ?
> or am i missing something here ?

It's probably my lack of understanding of the api - I thought the
context was not persistent between different requests. From the HLS
i've looked at, the initial URL contains a query string with an
authentication token, this then sets a cookie which is sent to
authenticate the subsequent http requests for keys, video etc. If you
could give me any pointers how to do this I'd be very grateful.