[FFmpeg-devel] attribute_deprecated int avpicture_deinterlace ??

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sat Nov 30 14:21:27 CET 2013

Le decadi 10 frimaire, an CCXXII, Stefano Sabatini a écrit :
> Possibly: we could extract the yadif code and move it somehow to the
> library (libavfilter public low-level API or something, so you don't
> need to build a filtergraph to apply it). It might be non trivial.

Why should deinterlacing be made a special case?

The argument "because it was until recently" is not acceptable: the old API
was ad-hoc and shortsighted, the whole point of deprecating it is to make
room for a better one.

I believe lavfi is the way to go, it gives deinterlacing but also other
simple post-processing operations, such as denoising, frame duplication,
equalizer, and it also gives automatic format conversion if required.

A lightweight API would be nicer, though. Maybe something like that:

        avsth_open_decoder_and_filter(AVDecFiltContext *ctx,
                                      decode options,
                                      post-processing options);

        avsth_decode_and_filter_frame(AVDecFiltContext *ctx,
                                      AVPacket *packet,
                                      AVFrame *frame);

Regards,

--