[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r1649 - qcelp/qcelpdec.c

Reynaldo Verdejo rverdejo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 06:44:23 CET 2007

Hi Michael

On Dec 23, 2007 12:25 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> Sure, no doubt that he did. It just becomes very tireing to read and deal with
> all the nitpicking, and i dont just mean diego. Others are doing this as well
> For real spelling and grammar errors its fine i can live with that. But IMO
> the 3rd person vs. 2nd person stuff is purely a question of style and taste.

Yes, I think in a similar way about this particular 'commit messages'
issue but I'm
otherwise OK with him trying to get the best out of my poor english as
you do with
my coding. I'd like to encourage you both to continue doing such a
great service to
me, I'm beyond thankful for the time you both spend reviewing my changes, even
when/if you end up being wrong.

> This makes developers end up wasting time thinking about the tense to use for
> commit messages instead of thinking about the code, this is not good

I'd like to get the best out of every letter I put on FFmpeg's repo,
been they part
of a lonely word on a comment or part of a function name or an
intrincate routine.
I'd say you both make a great team on helping people like me achieving such a
difficult purpose.

> This all reminds me of an experiment where german teachers took an exam
> intended for pupils. And the results were graded by other german teachers
[...]

That was a good one, point taken. ;)

Bests regards

    Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet