[FFmpeg-soc] some questions about swscale

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun May 4 04:00:33 CEST 2008

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 01:19:16AM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
[...]
> > I assume you guys mean with "split" to outcomment sws_format_name()?
> > If so yes i also want it "splited".
>
> Either having the sws_format_name in the public api,

we have avcodec_get_pix_fmt_name()
A duplicate is not ok. And swscale should not depend on lavc. Similarly it
would be nice if lavc would not depend on sws. This makes simply removing the
call by far the simplest solution ...

> remove that part
> from the example, have it somewhere else (e.g. as part of a regression
> test for swscale), would be fine for me.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know
nothing. -- Socrates