[FFmpeg-trac] #1720(avformat:open): ffmpeg with -vcodec copy -acodec copy creates files "without audio" for certain players

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Nov 15 00:36:01 CET 2013

#1720: ffmpeg with -vcodec copy -acodec copy creates files "without audio" for
certain players
             Reporter:  rogerdpack   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:               |

Comment (by rogerdpack):

 Appears reimar is right.

 $ file sintel.mpg
 sintel.mpg: MPEG sequence, v2, program multiplex
 $ file sintel.copied.mpg
 sintel.copied.mpg: MPEG sequence, v1, system multiplex
 $ file sintel.copied.vob.mpg # with -f vob
 sintel.copied.vob.mpg: MPEG sequence, v2, program multiplex

 So...I guess either make mpeg v2 the default somehow (which might be nice
 for newbs like me), or big warnings, like remair mentioned in comment
 16...
 Let me know if/how things progress either way.
 Thanks.
 -roger-

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1720#comment:17>