[FFmpeg-trac] #6693(avformat:new): MXF (AVC-I or DNXH) file created by ffmpeg could not be recognized by Davinci Resolve 14

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Oct 27 17:14:09 EEST 2017

#6693: MXF (AVC-I or DNXH) file created by ffmpeg could not be recognized by
Davinci Resolve 14
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  dkt         |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by chrisj):

 Replying to [comment:3 cehoyos]:
 > Can you confirm that this is the reason Davinci Resolve fails to open
 the file created with FFmpeg?

 I tried to get clarification, but no luck so far, a user suggested to use
 bmxlib to wrap MXF instead of FFmpeg.

 I also noticed in the Davinci error logs, the application was erroring on
 CDCIEssenceDescriptor, VerticalSubsampling which is missing from the
 FFmpeg MXF file, so that could be the true issue. That metadata is present
 in MXF files exported by FCPX & Adobe Media Encoder which import into
 Davinci.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6693#comment:4>