[FFmpeg-user] Invalid non monotonically increasing dts

richard richard at richsim900.plus.com
Thu Jun 16 15:09:56 CEST 2011

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:46:42 Richard wrote:

> Downloaded a live concert (320 kbps) using get_iplayer. Unpacked the
> flv file using:
>
> ffmpeg -i input.flv -acodec copy output.m4a
>
> but ffmpeg aborts with this error message:
>
> [ipod @ 0x8dff810] Application provided invalid, non monotonically
> increasing dts to muxer in stream 0: 634952 >= 634599
> av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid data found when processing input
> MP4ERROR: MP4File::FindIntegerProperty: no such property -
> moov.mvhd.modificationTime
>
>> Tried to re-encode the flv with:
>
> ffmpeg -i input.flv -acodec libfaac -ab 320k output.m4a
>
> This produced a playable m4a but it encoded at 152 kbps instead of
> 320kbps. I wanted 320 kbps sound quality.

Found a workaround. Re-encoded the flv with:

ffmpeg -i input.flv -acodec aac -strict experimental -ab 325k output.m4a

This produced playable m4a encoded at 300 kbps. Odd that libfaac should
encode at 152 kbps (instead of 320 kpbs) yet acc (which ffmpeg reports
as an experimental encoder) encodes at 300 kpbs.